The Malvern Mastersizer 3000E provides a cost-effective, entry level particle sizing system that uses laser diffraction to measure the particle size distribution for both wet and dry dispersions with minimum effort. It does this by measuring the intensity of light scattered as a laser beam passes through a dispersed particulate sample. This data is then analysed to calculate the size of the particles that created the scattering pattern.
The 3000E is made up of an optical bench, one or more sample dispersion units, an optional dispersion imaging accessory, and software for instrument control and data processing. The folded optical design creates a compact system that requires very little bench space while the He-Ne 632.8nm laser enables measurements from 0.1 to 1000 microns. A rapid 10 kHz data acquisition rate and excellent reproducibility allows even highly polydisperse samples to be measured straightaway.
The Hydro EV has a unique dip-in centrifugal pump and stirrer design that achieves full and rapid dispersion in standard laboratory beakers. Following measurement, the dispersion head can be raised out of the beaker, enabling quick cleaning and sample recovery.
Features of the Malvern Mastersizer 3000E:
- Particle size range from 0.1 – 1000µm
- Measurement time of <10 seconds
- Laser light scattering principle
- Mie and Fraunhofer scattering analysis
- Data acquisition rate of 10kHz
- Laser: Red light source, max. 4mW He-Ne, 632.8nm
- Reverse Fourier (convergent beam) lens arrangment
- Effective focal length of 300mm
- Comes with Dell OptiPlex 3020 PC and BenQ DL2215 monitor
- Runs on Windows 7 version 6.1.7601.65536
Features of the Hydro EV:
- Compatible with 250 mL, 600 mL and 1000mL laboratory beakers
- Patented 40 W in-line sonication probe, for rapid agglomerate dispersion
- Dip-in centrifugal pump and stirrer design
- Sample easily recovered following analysis
- Chemically compatible with a wide choice of organic and inorganic dispersants
- Full software control of pump/stirrer and sonication
- Integral sample tank light.