The Atlas Copco FX1 Air Dryer is used to remove moisture from the air before passing into an air condenser. This protects the condenser from corrosion and premature failure of the pneumatic equipment. The dryer works by drawing in air, and cooling it, first by passing it next to outgoing cold dry air, and second by passing through a refrigerant circuit. As the air cools, the dew point lowers, and water condenses and is removed. Dry air is then allowed to continue through to your compressor.
The FX1 is on the smaller end of the FX range, and is ideal for applications where a lower volume is required. As expected, it consumes less power than the larger models, making it a more environmentally friendly option, while still being capable of processing an inlet capacity of 7 L / s. See the brochure linked below for full technical specifications.
Features of the FX1 Air Dryer:
- Reliable and cost-effective air dryer
- Digital display shows exact measuring and monitoring of dew point
- Shows the status of the refrigerant compressor and fan
- Alarms for high or low pressure, and probe failure
- Service warning on the display to help you keep the unit in good condition
- Self regulating dryer than can be connected to a pre-existing compressor
- Key components are easily accessible for servicing
- Compact design of the FX1, maximising available lab space