Pol-Eko offer a huge range of laboratory incubators, with a wide variety of customisations to fit your requirements to the letter. But if all that choice leaves you feeling a little overwhelmed, use our handy guide to easily see the features and benefits of each model.
Pol-Eko Laboratory Incubators
We offer five different Pol-Eko incubator models:
- ST Cooled Incubators – The go-to cooled laboratory incubator. The ST incubator cools to 3°C and is available in a wide range of sizes. It is also available as part of the Pol-Eko mix-and-match multi-chamber devices, and as adapted BOD units specifically to accommodate Oxi-Top® systems. Can be equipped with FOT/FIT lighting for day/night simulation.
- ILP Peltier-Cooled Incubators – Small, quiet and environmentally friendly. The ILP has no compressor, reducing energy usage and removing the need for refrigerant gases. Cools to 20°C below ambient, making this an ideal option for environmentally-conscious temperature-controlled labs.
- ILW Cooled Incubators – The ILW are super-cooled incubators, reaching -10°C. These are required in a wide range of labs including research in seeds, food, materials, and virology. These incubators may have some overlap with environmental chambers. Can be equipped with FOT/FIT lighting for day/night simulation.
- ILC CO2 Incubator – A small CO2 laboratory incubator provides the ability to control temperature, humidity and CO2 – ideal for cell and tissue culture.
- CL Incubators – With options for natural or forced convection, the natural convection CLN is particularly suited to heating delicate samples. This incubator does not cool, but will heat up to 100°C, and comes in a wide range of sizes.
If you know the temperature range you require, use our quick-glance guide to determine the best option for your lab. For the widest temperature range, from -10°C to 100°C, you’ll want the ILW cooled incubator. The CLN and CLW also reach 100°C, but without the cooling option. The ST will cool to 3°C (upper temperature depends on the controller option you choose), while the ILP Peltier-cooled incubator will reach 20°C below ambient.
The ST cooled incubator and ILW cooled incubators can be equipped with customisable controlled- lighting systems. This can be used to simulate day/night, or for exposing samples to specific light wavelengths. This option is extremely popular for laboratories working with plant/fungus growth, seed germination studies and growth of light-dependent micro-organism.
Due to the wide variety of options for the FIT/FOT controlled-lighting incubators, these should be ordered over the phone or by email. Call us on 01257 270433 to discuss your requirements.
Pol-Eko incubators come equipped with touchscreen full colour controllers. These are designed to use while wearing gloves, and display a wide array of at-a-glance information for the user.
For all incubator models, you can choose between the 4.3” Smart controller, and larger 7” Smart PRO. The Smart PRO offers a full alphanumeric keyboard compared to the numeric Smart controller, 40 user-set programmes and password-protected user accounts. Notice that the extended temperature ranges on the ST and ILW incubators are only available with the Smart PRO controller.
The names of the Pol-Eko incubators give a rough indication of the chamber capacity. Both the CL incubator and ST cooled incubator have a wide range of sizes, from the tiny 15 L CL right up to the double fronted 1500 L ST.
The smaller ST incubators are available as part of the multi-chamber incubator range, allowing you to mix-and-match cooled incubators with refrigerators or freezers.
For a full comparison of the measurements for each incubator model, download the brochure sheets here:
Browse All Pol-Eko Incubators
Pol-Eko CHL3 Refrigerator with Integrated ST2 Cooled Incubator
Pol-Eko ST 2 Cooled Incubator with Integrated ST3 Incubator
Pol-Eko ST 2 Double Chamber Cooled Incubator
Pol-Eko ST 1 Multi-Chamber Cooled Incubator
Pol-Eko ST1 Double Chamber Cooled Incubators
Pol-Eko ST 2 Cooled Incubator with Integrated CHL 3 Refrigerator