The Turner Designs Pico Fluor Fluorometer is a lightweight, handheld instrument suitable for many fluorescent probes often used in acid and protein quantitation. The fluorometer can be used for a range of applications such as: Antibiotic sensitivity, bacterial viability, cell proliferation, protein quantitation and RNA. It also features two dedicated channels that can quickly analyse samples for two different fluorescent signals. The Pico Fluor can measure as little as 1 ng/mL of double stranded DNA and 2.5 ng/mL of RNA.
Features of the Pico Fluor Fluorometer 8000-004:
- Dynamic range: 4 points of magnitude
- Photodiode detector
- Compact, handheld device
- Backlit screen
- 2 dedicated channels – quickly analyse samples for two different fluorescent signals.
- Measure as little as 1 ng/mL of double stranded DNA and 2.5 ng/mL of RNA.
- Easy to operate
- Store up to 1000 readings
- Low battery, circuit failure and high blank alarms
- Battery operated