The Hydrolab Spring water purifier takes tap water to produce Type I and Type II water. The standard model produces Type II water that can be used for AAS and general purpose research. The S and UV models can also produce Type II water suitable for ICP, HPLC, and biochemical applications.
The Spring is fitted with an intuitive full-colour touchscreen controller. The system can provide full details of both the inlet and outlet water, including temperature and conductivity. The advanced controller provides full information for ultimate reporting and accountability. Units are also fitted with alarms, which sound when modules need replacing.
Since it can use potable water direct from the tap, the Spring series is ideal for use in laboratories with no pre-existing water purification systems.
Features of the Hydrolab Spring Series
- Available in a range of sizes to produce 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 litres of purified water per hour
- Purifies water to Type III or Type II as standard, and Type I using the optional upgrade to include a UV lamp and microfiltration
- The water purifier can use water at standard tap pressure, so there is no need for additional compressors
- Filters sediment from water with a 5 μL filtration module
- Prefilters and softens water prior to reverse osmosis (RO), to improve the efficiency and lifetime of the RO module
- Uses reverse osmosis to remove 96-99% of dissolved substances
- Double demineralisation using a mixed ion resin to produce water with conductivity < 0.06 μS/cm
- Microfiltration cascade capsule, with membrane pump (Only on models S and UV)
- UV lamp (Only on UV)
- Pump to increase the feed water pressure (24 V for the 5 and 10, and 48 V for the 20 to 60)
- Full colour touchscreen provides data on the temperature and conductivity of both inlet and outlet water, as well as the current date and time, current system status, tank fill level, water dosing, and service schedule overview
- Audio and visual alarms for replacement of A2 (water softening) module, ion exchange module, reverse osmosis module, and UV lamp (where applicable)
- Unit can be attached to a water storage tank, or optionally directly connected to an autoclave, climatic chamber, etc.
- See full technical specifications in the brochure below
- Efficiency: 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 L / hour
- Upgrades: Standard model, Ultrafiltration (S model), Ultrafiltration and UV (UV model)