The DTG 4000 disintegration tester from Copley Scientific is used in pharmaceuticals to measure the disintegration properties of drugs after they have been pressed, compacted or encapsulated.
The DTG 4000 model features four test stations, each capable of accepting up to six tablets. The tablet are placed into a small vertical tube, the lower end of which is covered in a 2mm sieve mesh. Below the tablet vials sits a beaker. The tablet baskets are raised and lowered into the beaker, which should contain a simulated gastric fluid.
Features of the DTG 4000
- Sturdy and robust design
- Quick release basket
- Heater to maintain the solution temperature at 37 degrees (body temperature)
- Simple, intuitive operation
- Four test stations, each with a basket holding a batch of six tablets
- Test up to six tablets simultaneously in the same solution for repeatability under identical test conditions
- Backlit LCD screen and easy to use keypad controls
- Control panel and electronics are mounted higher than the test area to protect them from accidental spillages
- Temperature probe to monitor the temperature, with LCD temperature display and simple “up/down” control panel
- Run test times up to 99 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds
- Remaining time displayed on screen for easy monitoring
- Basket rack automatically leaves test area after the time has elapsed, and an alarm sounds to notify the user that the test is finished