The Bright Instruments 5040 Microtome has a rotary retracting, self-lubricating design with a heavy cast alloy base and cutting arm. This instrument is suitable for cutting hard specimens such as undecalcified bone and acrylic resins, and wax sections. The robust construction of the microtome enables it to be extremely precise and reliable.
It features a knife holder block that can be fitted with a range of different types of knives such as tungsten carbide tipped knives. The 5040 microtome also allows different feed screws to be fitted to change the operating range of the section thickness control, meaning a section thickness range between 0.2µm and 300µm can be achieved.
Features of the Bright Instruments 5040 Microtome:
- Rotary retracting, self-lubricating design
- Heavy cast alloy base and cutting arm
- Section thickness range: 1 to 60 µm (1 µm increments)
- Cutting stroke: 56 mm
- Maximum specimen size: 50 x 70 mm
- Total specimen excursion: 5600 µm
- Specimen retraction: approximately 50 µm
- Total knife block movement: 44 mm
- Standard knife holder accepts most conventional knives
- Specimen feed indicator
- Fitted knife guards and locking handwheel for safety
- Cover and debris shields to prevent debris entering mechanism