The Jenway 7205 UV/vis spectrophotometer is ideal for use in education, quality control and various analytical applications. It has a rapid scan, and is designed for rapid basic screening and reasonable resolution. It has a small footprint, and is lightweight, allowing it to be easily moved between laboratories, or stored when not in use.
Measurements can be taken while the lid is open due to the reversed optic structure of the 7205, making it ideal for samples in tall test tubes. Multiple measurements can be taken over time, making it ideal for monitoring the kinetics of a reaction.
The spectrophotometer has a four inch touch screen colour display, for easy and intuitive control, and has two USB ports for data transfer, storage or printing. It also features a convenient cuvette rack for holding samples between runs, freeing up bench space, and helping the user to stay organised.
Features of the Jenway 7205 UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Scanning diode array technology for fast scan time, as quick as three seconds
- Measurement modes for concentration, absorbance, and % transmittance
- Kinetics mode which can be used to measure changes in absorbance over time
- Full spectrum scanning allows up to three wavelengths to be measured simultaneously
- Wavelength range of 198-800 nm
- Four inch colour touchscreen navigation. Easily zoom in and out by tapping the screen
- Multiple USB ports allow data transfer/storage, and printer connection
- Large sample chamber for easy loading and unloading of samples
- Sample chamber has a tapered base, making accidental spillages easier to clean
- Built in cuvette rack for convenient access and organisation of samples
- Xenon lamp gives good intensity over the complete spectrum, with little noise
Richmond Scientific are a family run company based in the North West of England, who specialise in new and used scientific equipment. See our full range of UV/Vis spectrophotometers here.