The Stuart US152 stirrer hotplate is part of the Undergrad range – a stylish and economical range of stirrers and hotplates, with built in safety and performance features. The US152 features a flashing “hot” light when the plate is over 50 °C, even when the plate has been powered off.
The US152 has a robust coated aluminium top plate. The silicon coating gives a layer of chemical resistance to protect against spillages, while the aluminium alloy ensures good temperature distribution across the whole plate surface.
Features of the Stuart US152 Hotplate Stirrer
- Aluminium plate ensures good heat distribution, and features a thin ceramic coating to protect against spillages
- Flashing warning light when the hotplate is over 50 °C
- Powerful magnets and motor give stirring speeds up to 2000 rpm
- Large mixing capacity up to 15 L
- Accurate temperature control with LED indicators. The LEDs are bright and easy to see from across the room, making it clear that the hotplate is on and hot
- Concave shape directs accidental spillages away from the controls
- Compact design to maximise available bench space
- Designed to be stored flat, or on its side, making it easy to store when not in use
- Thermal properties of aluminium alloy plate provide rapid heating
- 15 x 15 cm plate size, with 12 x 12 cm heating area
- Supplied with two PTFE coated stirrer bars
User manual for US152 Hotplate Stirrer
Richmond Scientific carry a wide range of new and used laboratory equipment. See the full range of Stuart stirrers and hotplates here.