Thermo Scientific XSeries 2 ICP-MS
This Thermo Scientific XSERIES 2 Quadrupole ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer) is for routine as well as high performance analytical work. It is the most comprehensive quadrupole ICP-MS platform for excellent data collection across the entire periodic table.
The XSERIES 2 ICP-MS is robust enough for your toughest analytical challenges. It is a powerful, precise measurement tool designed for maximum productivity in a wide cross section of applications. More than just an instrument, the XSERIES 2 is a complete solution that includes proven reliable hardware.
- Source – ICP source with all solid-state 27.12 MHz RF generator.
- Ion Optics with π extraction – Unique Infinity II Ion Lens with both the lowest background and highest signal to noise ratio of any quadrupole ICP-MS. The unique π Extraction optics used
in the XSERIES 2 greatly reduce the Blank Equivalent Concentrations seen in all instrument configurations. So, this dramatically improves detection limits in a wide range of applications.
- Analyzer – Off-axis high-performance quadrupole, mass range 2-255 amu
- Detector – Simultaneous analogue/pulse counting electron multiplier >109 dynamic range.
- Electronics – Solid-state in addition to high-speed signal processing for transient signal analysis.