The CEM Smart 5 is used for rapid moisture analysis across a wide range of applications. Gravimetric analysis can be carried out using the integrated balance, which provides readings throughout the drying process. The unit uses microwave energy to heat the sample.
The Smart 5 is safe to use, with a flame detector which automatically shuts off the microwave if excessive heat is detected; as well as three safety interlock switches to monitor the mating of the cavity cover and floor and one safety interlock switch to monitor the cavity cover latch.
Features of the Smart 5
- Microwave drying chamber
- Flame detector automatically shuts off the microwave if excessive heating is detected
- Integrated four place analytical balance, with ±0.1 mg sensitivity, and a maximum capacity of 50 g
- VGA black and white screen
- Infrared temperature controller
- Integrated printer
- Fan remains on for 15 minutes after the end of the specified drying time, cooling the instrument
- Rear ports allow the unit to be connected to an external balance, printer or PC
- System can store up to 100 methods, and the user interface can be switched between English, Spanish, French, and German
- Full technical specifications and methods in the manual below