Today’s global healthcare challenges like Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDRO) mean that microbiology labs need to be both flexible and responsive to provide the right information at the right time. The efficiency of the Vitek 2 Compact instrument offers you the capacity to help improve therapeutic success as well as patient outcomes through reliable microbial ID/AST. The instrument also lets you enhance laboratory efficiencies with reduced hands-on time and rapid reporting capabilities. All this, in a cost-effective, space-saving design.
Designed to provide ID/AST results in as little as 5 to 8 hours, the bioMérieux Vitek 2 Compact can fit up to 15 economical, ready-to-use Vitek 2 ID/AST cards.
Optimise safety with minimal reagent preparation and reduced handling in a closed, disposable system.
The Vitek 2 Compact is simple to use:
- After primary organism isolation, there is minimal handling with a simple standardized inoculum.
- Place the inoculum into the Vitek 2 Cassette at the Smart Carrier Station.
- The Vitek 2 Card and sample are linked via barcode.
- Once the Cassette is loaded, the instrument handles all subsequent steps for incubation and reading.
- Results at a glance.
- Intuitive interface
- Easy-to-access results with multiple filters
- Bidirectional connection with your LIS
- Automatic validation & transfer of preliminary results