The Bellingham & Stanley ABBE 5 Refractometer is ideal for applications and laboratories with relatively low throughput, where a wide refractive index measurement range is required. The Refractometer works by illuminating the sample placed on the prism, by aligning the chrome-plated reflector with a light source such as day light. The achromatising prisms can be adjusted, ensuring the reading is obtained at the correct frequency (589nm for standard measurements).
The ABBE 5 can be configured to work in either the ‘traditional transmitted mode’, or ‘reflected mode’ for non-homogeneous or opaque samples. Dispersion measurements can also be made of hydrocarbons or solids such as glass, contact lenses and fibre optics.
Features of the Bellingham & Stanley ABBE 5 Refractometer:
- Range; 1.30 – 1.70 RI
- Resolution: 0.0005
- Operating Temperature: 5 – 70 °C
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1°C
- Traditional Transmitted mode or Reflected mode
- Selectable temperature display (°C or °F)
- Precise prism temperature control
- Glass calibration plate
- Contact liquid, pipette and screw driver
- User manual and hard case included