The Quad is the largest of the Via Freeze Series, designed to reliably cool samples under controlled-rate conditions, prior to cryopreservation. Embedded Linux software is used to control the unit, with a cooling ramp rate of -1°C/min down to -70°C (dependent on ambient temperature). This unit uses nitrogen-free conduction, for uniform cooling of samples.
Features of the Asymptote Via Freeze Quad
- Minimum temperature: -100°C
- Cooling rate: -1°C per minute
- Integrated software: Embedded Linux
- Three USB ports and RJ45 ethernet
- Eight T-type thermocouples