This Air Science Purair BIO Safety Cabinet is designed to protect individuals, the environment, as well as products from a variety of biological particulates. It serves as the primary barrier in both life science research and experimentation.
As a Class II Type A2 biosafety cabinet, the Purair BIO minimizes and contains Biosafety Level 1-3 agents, maintaining negative pressure inside the cabinet during operation to prevent contaminants from escaping the work area. HEPA filtration scours 70% of the incoming room air to protect the products, while the remaining 30% of the exhausted air is filtered by a second HEPA filter. This Purair BIO safety cabinet provides ample workspace with environmentally sound operation as well as low energy consumption.
The Air Science Purair BIO provides multiple levels of protection and user-friendly operation. Some of the main construction and maintenance features offered by the Purair BIO include:
- CSA certified service vacuum valve. Maximum working pressure of 75PSI.
- Tempered Glass Windows. Anti-ultraviolet 6 mm tempered glass ensures maximum protection for the operator.
- Ergonomic Design. The angled window design (10 degrees) reduces operator head and elbow discomfort, as well as eye strain and fatigue.
- Easy Cleaning. The work area and work tray are single pieces of stainless steel with rounded corners. This reduces particulate adhesion and makes removal and cleaning both convenient and straightforward.
- Patented HEPA Filtration Lock. Allowing HEPA filter replacement from the front of the cabinet both quickly and easily.
- User Interface: Ergonomics, safety and aesthetics all come together with the 10º pitch of the face.
- Removable Tray: Raised one-piece work surface lifts and removes for easy surface decontamination.
- Durable Interior: The Purair BIO utilizes a heavy-gauge, one-piece liner with coved corners for easy cleaning and durability.
- Standard Control System: Reliable rocker switches and easy-to-read gauge for safety and durability. This EN model has membrane-style switches.
- Double-wall Plenum Design: Double-wall design creates a unique plenum which surrounds contaminated areas with negative pressure, preventing the possibility of contamination from leaks in either filter seal, gasket or cabinet structure.
- Ergonomic Fit: The angled front, narrow-front grille, raised armrest and frameless sash create an ergonomic work environment. Unique front grille designed to provide the maximum product and personnel protection.
- Clean: Single-piece stainless-steel work tray and front grille, lower drain pan with angled side, and single-piece work zone liner eliminate joints for superior cleanability.
- Safe: Uses HEPA filters (Class 14) which you can replace yourself as needed. Capture >99.99% for particles larger than 0.3 microns.
- Robust Cabinet Construction: Key components, including fluorescent lamps, motor capacitor, electrical harness, electronic ballast, and switch control are outside the airstream and away from contaminated air to permit service without decontamination.
- Surround Air Intake Grill: All contaminated air is enclosed in the work area. No safety dead zone.
- Includes optional Mounting Stand: Stand height of 26″ (660 mm) creates work surface height of 29.4″ (746 mm) for seated position.